samedi 9 novembre 2013

Dancing when the stars go blue



Because sometimes things don't go the way we would want them to, and you feel hurt and sad, or disappointed, or just in a bad mood..

We all have one of those days from time to time.

Well, when it is my case, and it is at the moment, I have two solutions.

Either I hide in my bed in the dark, don't talk to anyone, don't see anyone.. Turn my phone off (YES I do!). Don't even eat although sometimes I just have one of those cravings for food I fancy and a nice (huge) glass (mug) of wine. (I know, how can a French girl drink wine in a mug.. well.. I have to hide it from my dad somehow!)

OR, I cook. Spend time with my mum, share a (or more) bottle(s) of wine and create a recipe mixing things I've read, things I've seen on TV and things out of my own brain. 

Today I've decided this is what I would do. We started the evening with a bottle of wine, some crisps and olives, listening to music, laughing about good memories and also talking shit. Only thing missing? Probably my cousin who is part of the "gang" haha. 

This is the good thing about mums. They can annoy you a much as they want, they are they only ones who will know how you feel and what you need without forcing you to talk about it. 

To continue the evening, I decided to pair our second bottle of wine with a few autumn dishes. My pick? Roasted pumpkin with spices, roasted chestnuts and "sorta bruschetta" with serrano ham. 




Food makes you feel better right? I guess because it replaces what is missing. Although it is just temporary. 

Anyway, here are the (very easy) recipes.

Roasted pumpkin:

I used a quarter of a big one (adjust depending on how many you are). Cut it in small squares (only my taste you can make slices also), add olive oil, nutmeg, pepper, salt, and a little bit of cayenne pepper, and in the oven for about half an hour. 
You can also crush some hazelnuts and add it to the mix. 

Roasted chestnuts:

Very easy. Cut a small bit of it, and in the oven. Eat'em hot. Smells and tastes so good...
Reminds me of when I was a child, going out with my mum and on our way home we would buy some from random vendors in the street. Feels comforting. Feels like home.

Sorta bruschetta:

Haha, well I guess it is my interpretation of a spanish tapas I really love. Grilled slices of bread (the one you like best really but I like to use walnut bread), and rub some garlic on it while it is still hot. Put a thin slice of tomato, thin slice of red onion, and a slice of serrano ham. If you're "gourmand" like me, you can also add olives' slices (someone important to me will remember this recipe I guess). And just eat it!!

I am more a red wine kinda girl. But drink what you like best. It is your day. The aim is to make YOU feel better. Because it is about you. 

I'm someone who forgets to think about herself most of the time, and always think that those who are supposed to care will take care of you if you forget to do so. But the truth is, no one will do it for you. So at some point you have to learn to take the time to do it yourself. It will avoid you being hurt, and disappointed. So start today, no need to procrastinate for that (mainly because procrastination is also part of thinking about yourself ;) ) 

xx
BB

Song of the day: Alex Goot & Sam Tsui - Roar (Katy Perry Cover) 
Because on those days we all need to feel strong, don't we?

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire